Monday, December 12, 2011

Chronicles of a Natural Apostolic: 6 Month Protective Style Challenge

I am doing a 6 month protective style challenge to myself!

Since October 16 I have been wearing my hair in twists! So until April 16 2012 I will continue to wear twists and other protective styles!

Why am I doing this challenge?

I want to see more growth, and healthier hair! I know that my hair does so much better when it's left alone to grow. I want it to be the healthiest it has ever been!

Why twists?

I LOVE TWISTS! They are neat, easy to do, I can keep a lot of length with them, quick take down, and my hubby loves my hair twisted! Furthermore I love styling my hair in different ways. With twists I can style a new style every day and know that my hair is protected! It's the best of both worlds!

So join me in this challenge if you would like! Even if it's just for a few months. You will be glad that you did!

It's been almost a full 2 months and I have seen my hair take leaps and bounds in how healthy it is! It's amazing!

So what are you waiting for?? Get on board!!

9 comments:

  1. You can do it! I plan to keep my hair twisted too (but because it's easier to manage that way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We can do it together and record our success along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna try. My hands are in..my hair is growing I believe cuz of keeping it moisturized as well as twisting it...Our hair doesn't like too much pulling and all that...The strand isn't strong for that b/c of the kink. Can't wait to see our hair by next summer...whew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still blowing drying your hair before doing the mini twists?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I am excited to see the growth and just the leap in confidence for me. Its been quite the journey. I am learning to love myself more and more everyday! Just for who I am!

    I am no longer blow drying my hair before doing the mini twists. I am doing them on stretched hair now. I don't want to be a victim of heat damage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello! =) How do you stretch your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I stretch my hair using braids, twists, flat twists, flexi rods or buns. When my hair is wet I put it in any of the styles just mentioned. When it dries, my hair is more stretched out than if I let it dry without doing anything to stretch out the curl pattern. Once my hair is stretched, sometimes I will stretch it one more time to be sure! And then mini twist it. I find my hair lasts better when it is stretched as opposed to styling when wet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally decided to go natural. I made my final decision yesterday. My last perm was about 3 weeks now and I'm nervous but excited. What styles should I do and what products should I do to start?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sha! Wow how exciting!

    Check out the posts on the sidebar until the title: "Help Me Transition". There are some good transitioning styles there!

    Also check out "product reviews" to see what products I recommend. If you look at the top tab bar you will see "My Hair Regimen". There you will see what I use! Everyone's hair is different. So what I use for mine may not work for yours. Good luck! Please email me if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments, questions or just say hello :)

Due to personal reasons, I will no longer accept anonymous comments. Please include your name.